Job Opening: Full-Time Director of Family Ministries
4600 Daniel Drive, Columbia, SC 29206
Position: Director of Family Ministries
The Director of Family Ministries will help shape and lead a flourishing, comprehensive program for children, youth and families at Bethel, and help guide church members in their spiritual and moral development at each stage of life.
- Strong organizational skills and can work independently.
- Excellent people skills; can recruit and support volunteers and outreach to families.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, Power Point, social media, and graphic design programs.
- Ability to work on feet for up to 3 hours at a time, set up tables and chairs, lift up to 45 lbs, and participate in indoor and outdoor activities. The church will consider any applicant who may have a challenge performing these jobs.
- Wisdom to select appropriate, Christian curriculum.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Basic knowledge of theology and the Bible.
- BA or equivalent degree.
- Full-time, Sundays through Thursdays with evenings and weekends as needed
- Salary determined by education and experience in negotiation with the Staff Parish Relations Committee
Please send cover letter and resume to Rev. Julie Songer Belman, firstname.lastname@example.org