- New church members can get the Advocate free for one year. Ask your pastor to send in your name, requesting a year’s free subscription as a new member of the congregation. Pastors also may choose to present to a new member a certificate indicating a subscription will be sent at the time he or she joins the church.
Local Churches Subscription Certificate for New Members
Questions should be addressed to Allison Trussell, 803.786.9486; 888.678.6272; or by e-mail at email@example.com .
Beginning in August 2008, as church plan subscriptions run out, the Advocate is offering the following schedule of costs to all churches based on the prior year’s membership (not average attendance) from the printed or posted Journal :
The church must collect the money and send either a quarterly or an annual check to the Advocate (by the 5 th of the month for members to receive the next month’s edition), along with accurate names and addresses.
- Church Plans are offered to all churches at $12 per member/subscriber when subscribing for less than 25% of the published/posted membership; or
- Church Plans are offered to all churches for $11 per member/subscriber when subscribing for 25% and less than 33% of the published/posted membership; or
- Church Plans are offered to all churches for $10 per member/subscriber when subscribing for 33% and less than 50% of the published/posted membership; or
- Church Plans are offered to all churches for $9 per member/subscriber when subscribing for 50% or more of the published/posted membership.
If your church is not on a Church Plan, please consider taking it up with the proper committee.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or to Allison Trussell, 803.786.9486; 888.678.6272; or by e-mail at email@example.com .
Five Free Forms
Each church has the opportunity to get Advocate subscriptions for five of its members.
These Five Free subscriptions can be sent to five members’ homes – homes of leaders, potential leaders or people who might not have the extra money and would benefit from it. Or the copies can be shared in Sunday school classes or used in other ways to inform your church congregation and others about what is happening in your conference as well as worldwide. Pastors receive a complimentary copy of the Advocate each month and their names should not be included on the Five Free forms.
The Five Free forms are in the Charge-Conference packets, and Nov. 3 is the deadline for completing them and mailing to the Advocate, 4908 Colonial Dr., Columbia, SC 29203-6070. An interactive Five Free form also is available on the Web. Note: Link (insert to come) here.
For further information: Contact Allison Trussell at 803.786.9486; 888.678.6272; or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .