By Jessica Brodie
GREENVILLE—South Carolina United Methodists have elected their slate of 16 delegates to the 2020 General Conference as of Wednesday morning at Annual Conference.
Elected are the following:
- Rev. Ken Nelson (Clergy Ballot 1, 291 votes)
- Dr. Robin Dease (Clergy Ballot 1, 260 votes)
- Rev. Keith Hunter (Clergy Ballot 3, 248 votes)
- Rev. Susan Leonard (Clergy Ballot 4, 197 votes)
- Rev. Emily Sutton (Clergy Ballot 5, 185 votes)
- Rev. Will Malambri (Clergy Ballot 5, 184 votes)
- Rev. Tiffany Knowlin (Clergy Ballot 5, 183 votes)
- Rev. Karen Jones (Clergy Ballot 7, 203 votes)
- Jacqueline Jenkins (Lay Ballot 1, 419 votes)
- James Salley (Lay Ballot 1, 372 votes)
- Michael Cheatham (Lay Ballot 3, 383 votes)
- Herman Lightsey (Lay Ballot 3, 374 votes)
- Chris Lynch (Lay Ballot 5, 347 votes)
- Martha Fridy Thompson (Lay Ballot 5, 329 votes)
- David Braddon (Lay Ballot 7, 369 votes)
- Emily Evans (Lay Ballot 7, 358 votes)
Now the body focuses on electing its slate to the 2020 Jurisdictional Conference. Sixteen delegates (eight clergy and eight laity) will be elected to represent South Carolina at JC2020 next summer along with the above 16 General Conference 2020 delegates.
Clergy and Laity Ballot 8 (also known as Jurisdictional Conference Ballot 1) was taken Wednesday morning; results will be announced Wednesday afternoon.