Deadline March 1
Applications are being accepted for the South Carolina United Methodist Advocate’s annual 1,000 college scholarship.
- Must attend a South Carolina United Methodist church
- Must be planning to enroll or already enrolled at one of the four United Methodist colleges in South Carolina: Claflin University, Columbia College, Spartanburg Methodist College or Wofford College
- Must have an interest in communications, journalism or business
The application season closes March 1 each year.
There is no formal application for the scholarship. To apply for the scholarship, send the following three items to the Advocate via email or postal mail:
- A letter from the student sharing about his or her background, how the scholarship would help him or her in pursuing a college degree, and their view of the role of journalism in ministry. If there is a specific financial need, it should be specified in the letter of application.
- A college transcript (or high school transcript if applicant is a rising freshman)
- A letter from the senior pastor of the applicant’s home church or a college chaplain confirming that the applicant is a South Carolina United Methodist and describing the applicant’s participation and contributions to the church or to campus ministry.
Send the three items above to Jessica Brodie, editor of the Advocate, via email or postal mail: [email protected] or Advocate, Attn: Scholarship, 4908 Colonial Dr., Columbia, SC 29203.