Children in Haiti will be getting Christmas stockings from some special friends this year: the members of South Carolina United Methodist Volunteers in Mission.
The stockings will be filled with hygiene items and a small toy and delivered directly to the children courtesy of UMVIM’s Dr. Hal Crosswell, who has a way to get the stockings to the children through the Methodist Church of Haiti. The project hopes to share hope and the love of Christ with the children.
The project is open not only to UMVIM members; other churches, men’s and women’s groups, Sunday school classes, small/life groups and individuals are welcome to assemble the stockings and bring them.
All stockings can be brought to the Nov. 7 meeting of UMVIM-SC at Grace United Methodist Church, 410 Harbison Blvd., Columbia. The meeting starts at 6:00. If they cannot be brought to the meeting, contact Crosswell at 803-609-3285 or [email protected] or Cathy Trevino at [email protected] to make arrangements for drop off.
All stockings are due to UMVIM no later than Nov. 20.
Package in a one- or two-gallon Ziploc bag the following:
• 4.6 oz. or larger tube of toothpaste
• One medium sized toothbrush
• One bath size bar of antibacterial soap (such as Dial)
• One 11 oz. or larger plastic bottle of shampoo
• One washcloth
• One comb
• One small toy (a Hot Wheels car, miniature doll, small coloring book and pack of crayons, etc.)
• $1 with each bag to help cover shipping expenses