By Jessica Brodie
GREENVILLE—Annual Conference has elected 13 of its 32 delegates to the 2020 General and Jurisdictional conferences as of Tuesday evening at 9 p.m.
Voting will continue Wednesday.
Elected so far are the following:
- Rev. Ken Nelson (Clergy Ballot 1, 291 votes)
- Dr. Robin Dease (Clergy Ballot 1, 260 votes)
- Rev. Keith Hunter (Clergy Ballot 3, 248 votes)
- Rev. Susan Leonard (Clergy Ballot 4, 197 votes)
- Rev. Emily Sutton (Clergy Ballot 5, 185 votes)
- Rev. Will Malambri (Clergy Ballot 5, 184 votes)
- Rev. Tiffany Knowlin (Clergy Ballot 5, 183 votes)
- Jacqueline Jenkins (Lay Ballot 1, 419 votes)
- James Salley (Lay Ballot 1, 372 votes)
- Michael Cheatham (Lay Ballot 3, 383 votes)
- Herman Lightsey (Lay Ballot 3, 374 votes)
- Chris Lynch (Lay Ballot 5, 347 votes)
- Martha Fridy Thompson (Lay Ballot 5, 329 votes)
Business closed Tuesday with voting on Clergy and Laity Ballots 6, which saw no election, and Clergy and Laity Ballots 7. Results of these seventh ballots will be announced this morning, when more balloting continues.